New Zealand Immigration Advice

For those who want to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three principal ways to do this:

1. Full the appliance kind yourself

You’ll be able to select the visa you want using the Immigration website and complete the appliance kind your self with the knowledge supplied by Immigration New Zealand.

Every visa type has an utility form and accompanying guide. We recommend you read the guide earlier than trying to complete the appliance form.

Don’t fear for those who get caught along the best way; you may contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Engage a licensed immigration adviser

You can interact Received a letter from case officer immigration nz licensed immigration adviser to help you together with your visa application however they will need to have a present licence.

A person who gives New Zealand immigration advice with out being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Earlier than participating an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to verify the individual you are participating has a valid immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers might only be able to advise on restricted areas).

The Government’s Immigration Advisers Authority offers information on who may give New Zealand immigration advice and explains tips on how to complain if you are unhappy. In addition they present a useful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Ought to you’ve any issue discovering a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you may contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is responsible for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking motion against those giving immigration advice and not using a licence.

3. Engage somebody who’s exempt from the license necessities

You can too seek immigration advice from people who are exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption includes:

schooling agents who are solely permitted to offer immigration advice on student visas

lawyers with a present New Zealand practising certificates

international diplomats and consular workers

workers of the New Zealand Government who provide immigration advice as part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption consists of:

legal professionals with a present New Zealand practising certificates

members of Parliament and their employees who provide immigration advice as part of their jobs

government workers who give immigration advice as a part of their jobs

volunteers at Community Regulation Centres or Citizens Advice Bureau.

The Regulation Society netsite will help you find a lawyer or legal agency or check that your current lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.